Open access publishing does have its costs. Since PAGEPress does not have subscription charges for its research content it can defray publishing costs from the Article Processing Charges. This is because PAGEPress believes that the interests of the scientific community can best be served by an immediate, worldwide, unlimited, open access to the full text of research articles. Information regarding authors’ payment are not made available to editors and reviewers ensuring that they cannot be influenced in their selection of papers for publication by payment conditions or limitations.
The Article Processing Charge for publication in this journal is EUR 700,00 (plus VAT, if applicable).
Please note that our fees do not include taxes (VAT):
- Private or public ITALIAN customers (individuals, universities, hospitals, other organizations) must ALWAYS add VAT (IVA) at standard rate (4%);
- European Union PRIVATE customers must add VAT at standard rate (4%);
- European Union private/public ORGANIZATIONS (universities, hospitals, others with regular VAT number) should not add any taxes at standard rate, provided that they indicate their VAT number;
- Outside the European Union, individuals and organizations should not add any taxes at standard rate.
When and how to pay
Upon editorial acceptance of an article, the corresponding author will be notified that payment is due. We advise prompt payment as we are unable to publish accepted articles until full payment has been received. Payment can be made by one of the following methods:
- PayPal/Credit cards – these are the most recommended and secure payment systems, enabling you to pay without sharing your financial information and getting your payment receipt immediately.
*Please note that an administrative charge of €25,00 will be applied to each transaction made by PayPal/Credit cards.
- Bank transfer – payment is due within 15 days of the manuscript receiving editorial acceptance. Bank charges to be borne by payer. Once payment has been processed a regular invoice will be issued.
Terms for Discounts
Authors coming from the countries included in the “United Nations list of Least Developed Countries” are entitled to ask for a discount.
– Authors should apply for discounts after receiving the acceptance letter.
– All applications are subject to approval by the publisher.
– Discounts may not be transferred to a different author or journal